Thursday, July 19, 2007

NATAS - LIFE AFTER DEATH


This is the first release from Natas. These boys are from Detroit. Members - Esham, Mastamind, and TNT, got together and decided to spell Satan backwards and call themselves Natas as a symbol of their hardcore, suicidal, drug related acid rap style. Only in their teens, they release this classic album in 1992 - 'Life After Death', on the 'Reel Life Productions label'.
Rumors around say that people had killed themselves over this album. Brainwashed by the evil Satan lyrics these boys were spittin. I never found myself putting a razor to my wrists or slipping a noose around my neck over some shit a dude said on a song. People have their own problems to deal with already, and music can amplify those problems and influence people to do bad things. But sometimes it's just a convenient excuse to do some fucked up stuff. This album is a winner. Nothin is standard on this c.d, even the sex track 'Spent My Last On A Hoe' has some lines ya wont be expecting. Get stuck into this L.P for something different.

-Track List-

1. Life After Death
2. Did it Like That

3. Dance

4. Toss-Up

5. Bitch Stop Lyin'
6. Bad Guys Never Lose

7. 1 Time 4 Ya Mind

8. Get My Head Together

9. Hell Raiser

10. Bitches On My Mind

11. Mysterious Ways

12. Rock It Deadly

13. Who Am I

14. Spent My Last On A Hoe

15. Bitch you Can't Have Me

16. Home Of The Brave

17. Dirty Mind

18. I Ain't Got Shit 2 Lose

19. In The Name Of RLP

20. Dancin' On Ya Grave


2 comments:

Andrew said...

Dope album! Thanks man. this is some crazy shit!

Anonymous said...

damn esham is dope,didnt know he was in natas,thanks for this.