Monday, July 9, 2007

T.H.C - The Hiphop Collection

First off let me say that I do support the recreational use of a certain mood-altering substance. For me, music has never sounded better when I'm high or drunk. That being said, this compilation of weed-oriented tracks can still be enjoyed sober. I've listened to this CD probably around 30 times and it hasn't lost much (if any) of it's replay value. . . The tracks that I initially liked the first time through, are probably my least favorite now, like the track with SRK and B-Real from Cypress Hill, it's sicc no doubt, but compared to some of the others it's just a little bit simple in production and rhymes. Stand out track for me is "My Favorite Ladies" from MF DOOM. Instead of just rhymin about hittin bongs, he talks about different illicit pharmaceuticals as if they were different "ladies". Some of the other ill tracks include: "High Times," "Puff Puff Pass," "Bomb Tree," and of course "Escape". You'll find a few anthems to blaze up to yaself. So Get a fresh bag of 'A' grade hydro, Pack ya bongs, Roll ya blunts or smoke a pipe, while listening to this dope album.

-Track List-

1. Intro - Lord Sear
2. Bart Burnt - The High & Mighty, prod. by DJ Mighty Mi
3. High Times - Black Moon Feat. Starang, Sean Price & Top Dog, prod. by Da Beatminerz
4. Something About Mary - Serial Rhyme Killers feat. B-Real
5. Sweet Dreams - Intoxicated Demons, prod. by Psycho Les
6. Roll Up - Shabaam Sahdeeq feat. Steele of Smif N Wessun, prod. by Dev One
7. Puff, Puff, Pass - HOM
8. Bomb Trees - Defari, prod. by E-Swift
9. Get Your Head Right - Afu-Ra, prod. by Arabian Knight
10. Sticky Green - The Pharcyde
11. Big Green Buds - Phil Da Agony, Chocolate Tye & J-ro, prod. by E-Swift
12. My Favorite Ladies - MF DOOM, prod. by Prof. Harshkovitz
13. Escape - Ripshop
14. Take A Hit - Lootpack
15. So High - RZA feat. Timbo King, prod. by RZA

No comments: